Post by clutterbuggles on May 9, 2012 4:18:23 GMT -5
Oh man, dogs and chocolate....
My dad had an executive job and we used to get big Christmas gifts from various companies and contractors he regularly dealt with... Fruit and cheese baskets, fruitcakes, massive tins of mixed nuts, and occasionally chocolate.
One year, he had a 5 lb box of chocolate sent to him by UPS. They apparently rang the bell and left the parcel on the front step - ignoring the sign stating we never used the front door and that there were dogs running loose.
A few days after it arrived, we discovered a mess of cardboard and decorative paper blowing around the yard and that was the first we knew that a parcel had been delivered. We had to use the tracking number to figure out who it was from and ring them to find out what it had been. It was quite the mess....
I'm glad we did because chocolate is toxic to dogs and he'd eaten five bloody pounds of it, plus most of the wrapping.
some years ago I had a young dog that would take food from counters. Once I unloaded the shopping and put everything away and out of reach except for the bathroom stuff . I went out and came home to find my dog looking like a rabid Santa, he had eaten toothpaste and sanitary towels his mouth was foaming huge minty bubbles and the cotton filling had stuck all over his chin the remainder was spread all over the kitchen. His breath was fresh though