Aug 31, 2014 23:04:05 GMT -5
Post by CourageouslyLion SeeksSerenity on Aug 31, 2014 23:04:05 GMT -5
This is the Working in Threes (W.I.T.) Thread
EVERYONE IS WELCOME, especially if you've never posted before!
The guidelines are simple:
- Do some little thing to make your house less squalorous.
- Do one more little thing.
- Do another little thing.
- Once you have 3 things done, post them here!
- Post the next 3 things you plan on doing.
- Go forth and conquer, return and post again.
- You aren't required to do the 3 things you had planned on --
just get any 3 things done and then post proudly.
Remember - if you are tired or sick or injured or
depressed or overwhelmed,
or just need to break your tasks down into something manageable,
you are in the right place!
If the next 15 minutes consists of:
- Looked at hopeless living room and felt like crying
- Decided you could take empty pop can to kitchen
- Put away phone book
- Picked up fast food wrappers on coffee table and put them in trash
. . . YOU HAVE ACHIEVED THREE-DOM !!!
You could post:
- Took pop can to kitchen
- Put away phone book
- Threw away McDonald's wrappers
Then your To-Do's:
- Bring plates and glasses to kitchen
- Put dirty socks in hamper
- Bring folded towels to linen closet and put away.
Whether you do those 3 to-do's,
or something completely different,
once you've gotten 3, come back and post.
Remember to take breaks and drink water. Drinking water counts as a Ta-da!
If you can notice what the person before you did, it might cheer them up to hear from you.
Go forth, have fun, and be generous to yourself with the Ta-das.
YOU DESERVE THEM!
For may years now W.I.T. has been a daily thread. We are changing it to a
weekly monthly thread on a trial basis because we are part of a worldwide community, with people in many different time zones. We aren't even all on the same day as each other.
Please no long to-do lists here. Keep it short and sweet. Longer lists can be posted in Whatchamacallit. Please feel free to use both Whatchamacallit and W.I.T. in conjunction with each other.
Scroll-back amnesty: Please do not feel obligated to read through the entire thread. Just click on the last page and read the last post or two.